"an expanse of sound scenieres that can be heard in a single listening experience"

sobota, 15 września 2012

Bizarre Tribe: A Quest to The Pharcyde

You on point Phife? 1nce again Tip, yes, yes ya'll and you just don't stop! This is what you want to shout when you wake up to a "mash-up" project of beats and rhymes from A Tribe Called Quest and The Pharcyde. The man behind the project is Amerigo Gazaway. My first thoughts about this project were that I actually did follow his idea of doing such a mesh-up. The lineage of The Pharcyde's '92 debut, Bizzare Ride II the Pharcyde, surely features ATCQ's jazz-flavoured second LP The Low End Theory. The styles converged or at least had become very similar (not talking about the Labcabin album here). Excuse me if my reasoning is wrong, at least I tried to be rational in that comparison :)

I like The Pharcyde, but Midnight Marauders is my favorite album ever made (People Instinctive Travels And The Paths of Rythm, Low End Theory, and Beats Rhymes And Life included. The Love Movment was good too). 
Bizarre ride is a classic tho. And I still play it. That's why Bizzare Tribe: A Quest to The Pharcyde is so fucking good. Big ups to Amerigo Gazaway.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz